CALL FOR ARTISTS & MUSICIANS
Denver State of Mind
Open to Denver Metro visual artists working in any 2D media and Denver Metro musicians.
There is no entry fee and no commission on artwork or music sold during the show!
Entry deadline is June 23, 2018 at 7 pm. Selection notification June 27, 2018. This is a great opportunity to be seen and heard at our gallery in the hip, edgy RiNo Art District. Show will run from July 6 to July 28, 2018.
- We don't care if you don't have art school credentials or much in the way of an art resume.
- We care that you are passionate about your art and that you have a cohesive style, whatever that style may be.
- We want to help you succeed in your artistic endeavors.
To be considered for this and future shows at m. Romero Gallery please submit the following to: email@example.com.
- 1-3 JPEGs or JPGs, under 5MB and 1200 pixels or larger on the longest side - make sure your images are crisp and clear because if chosen for the exhibit these are the images that will be used on our Works For Sale page
- title the jpgs with your last or artist name and a number (e.g. Smith1, Smith2, Smith3)
- include in your email actual titles, your name, medium and dimensions for all artwork submitted (e.g. OMG! Darren Smith, oil on 20 h x 16 w inch canvas, Smith1)
- a brief description/statement that links them to the theme (e.g. A bedazzled bicycle meet-up lights up a Denver night.)
- suggested retail price
- a short artist bio/statement - we are not looking for your resume, just a sentence or two about why you create what you do or your inspiration/motive
Artists will receive email notification regarding their status in this show on June 27, 2018. All selected works must be delivered to the gallery by 6pm on Saturday, June 30, 2018. Artists who are selected for this show will receive additional instructions via email. The exhibition will open to the public on Friday, July 6, 2018.
By submitting digital image files you agree, that if chosen to exhibit, to allow m.Romero Gallery free and unlimited use of those images for promotional purposes.
Are you a musician/sound artist looking to be heard? If you would be interested in providing recorded music for the Denver State of Mind show to be held at m. Romero Gallery please submit the following to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- links to two or three of your best songs for consideration, or
- email mp3's as attachments
- include “Denver State of Mind music” on the subject line
- include a short bio and artist statement/description of your music.
- If selected for this exhibit we will display info about you and direct people to your website and social media sites.
Large files may need to be compressed. If you don't know how to do that just follow the instructions below:
Step 1 - Right click on your desktop and choose "New" followed by "compressed zip folder" (or something similar). Name the folder after the file you are sending. Drag the MP3 to the new compressed folder and wait for it to complete compressing. This will be represented by the hour glass mouse or a status bar.
Step 2 - Open your Internet browser and log into your email account using your user name and password. Open a new email message. Complete the "To" and "Subject" field, followed by the message.
Step 3 - Click "Attach" and select the compressed file from the menu. Once the compressed folder is attached, send the email.
Entry deadline Saturday June 23, 2018 7pm!
Hours: Friday - Saturday, 2 - 7 pm or by appointment